Monday, March 28, 2011

Pollo guisado al tomate.




Today was the first day of Rensizzle. I can honestly say we had so much fun! We spent the first few hours in school. It was worth it though; I learn where each Latin American country is on the map and where mole comes from. We had our laughs and jokes , but then it was time to get to work. We left to go to Girelle mom’s house to cook. We made a huge meal.
We made:
©     Moros y Cristianos
(Rice with Black beans)
©     Platano amarillo dulce
(Sweet Ripe Plantains)
©     Pollo guisado al tomate
(Tomato chicken stew)
©     Queso guisado al tomate
(Tomato cheese stew)
©     Atole de rosa
(Rose corn pudding)

We each had an individual task to do. I work with Daisy, together we made Pollo guisado al tomate. I’m personally not the type to be in the kitchen but, I actually had a lot of fun cooking today. Everything turned out great and delicious. I came back home and was beyond excited. I think I even told my mom I was going to cook it for them, I hope she didn't think I was serious. I would do it again but I think what made it a lot of fun was that we did it in a group. I was looking at the videos I took and in each video you can see someone doing something. Someone was stirring, chopping or slicing, all of us had a big smile on our faces and were laughing a lot! I’m pretty enthusiastic for tomorrow. We are making Tamales! 






-Laura 

No comments:

Post a Comment